Seguici sui social:
A monumental entrance building of the Alexandria hat factory from 1888 to 1984, Palazzo Borsalino has housed the Museum since 2023. Commissioned by founder Giuseppe Borsalino during a phase of great expansion for the company, the Palazzo is in its current form the result of a 1925 renovation by architect Arnaldo Gardella and a 2019 interior redevelopment that preserved the identity and spirit of the place.
In addition to the Museum, Palazzo Borsalino houses the Department of Law, Political Science, Economics and Social Sciences of the Amedeo Avogadro University of Eastern Piedmont. The fifty-thousand-square-meter area, adjacent to the building and used for nearly a hundred years for hat making, was converted in 1984 after the company moved to the Alexandria manufacturing district.
The creation of Borsalino hats continues in the Spinetta Marengo factory, seven kilometers away from the Museum, respecting the historic craftsmanship process that, handed down from generation to generation, represents the cultural value of the company.